Societies are entitled to free room and table bookings on campus. Societies receive permission to do so when Ratified by the Society Coordinator. Each Society must provide one contact person who will be in charge of room bookings, and only that person will have permission to book rooms throughout the year. The Society Coordinator provides a list of Ratified Societies and their designated “room-booker” to Conference Services.
All student-sponsored functions (except sporting events) must be booked through Conference Services at 420-5486. Any bookings in the Student Centre are booked by the SMUSA Administrative Assistant at the front desk on the fifth floor of the Student Centre. To ensure the greatest chance of availability, book your event as soon as possible.
Please review the following regulations:
• Contact person – appoint one person in the Society who will be responsible for making all the room bookings. A form (available at Conference Services) must be completed with this information and authorized by SMUSA.
• Rooms must be reserved in person at Conference Services.
• Bookings must be made at least one business day in advance and for weekends (or Monday by 12:00pm), on Friday.
• Everyone must adhere to the “Room Use Regulations”.
• Set-up and clean-up of the room booked is the Society’s responsibility.
• Societies are not permitted to cater their own food or liquor. All food must be provided by the University caterer, Aramark Campus Services, at 420-5599 and liquor/bar service by SMUSA at Graeme.firstname.lastname@example.org or 496-8703.
• Our beverage/food service agreements do not permit the serving of items supplied by external sources, including donations.
• Campus security is required at all functions with liquor and at large public gatherings. Conference Services will assign security, at the Society’s expense, where deemed necessary.
• If you plan to have alcohol at an event, a Liquor Functions Form (available at Conference Services) must be completed. This form requires signatures/approvals from the SMUSA VP Internal or President, SMUSA Operations Manager and the Manager of University Security. The completed form must be returned to Conference Services by Thursday of the week prior to the event.
• To avoid cancellation, payment for services must be paid in full three days prior to an event.
Campus Security – Security, MM Room 016
Food Service – Aramark, Loyola Residence, 2nd Floor
Bar Service – SMUSA, Student Centre, Room 509
• Should a Society have an outstanding account resulting from charges levied for damages, security, cleaning, liquor or food service, etc. future use of university facilities will be denied until the account is settled.
• Failure to adhere to any of the regulations could result in a function being terminated or suspension in the use of facilities.