Position: Vice President Communications
Reports to: President
Revised: March, 2017
The Saint Mary’s University Students’ Association, a not-for-profit organization that provides services, representation and advocacy to approximately 7500 full and part-time students, is currently seeking a Vice President Communication. We require a well-organized individual and team player, confident in a fast-paced and multi-tasked environment. Working under the direction of the President, the incumbent will play a key role in advancing and protecting the both academic and general interests of the students of Saint Mary’s University.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the Student Association in building relationships with both our student members and the administration, faculty, and staff of the University while transparently communicating and disseminating information, content and updates from the Association. The successful candidate should have experience designing and distributing marketing and promotion materials. The position carries an array of duties that include, but not limited to: graphic design, updating social media content and website, setting up promotional booths and materials. The successful candidate should be familiar with graphic design programs, particularly: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. This candidate should have strong organizational and interpersonal skills. We require a creative thinker, an individual who will be able to provide support and work with SMUSA’s various departments.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Candidates must be a registered Saint Mary’s student for the 2017-2018 academic year, and a member of the Saint Mary’s University Students’ Association.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe, InDesign & Illustrator.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Photography Skills (not necessary but considered an asset)
- Ability to problem solve in a dynamic environment.
- A passion for creativity.
- Dedication to achieving results while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Promote transparency by communicating and updating student members on the association’s progress.
- Serve on any committees and attend meetings as requested by the President.
- Distribute promotional material.
- Participate in “creative promotional concepts and designs”.
- Work with a team in the execution of the communications strategy.
- Adhere to and enforcing the SMUSA Poster Policy.
- Adhere to the Occupational Health and Safety Policy.
- Ensure that all of the marketing equipment is registered and kept in good working order.
- Develop graphics, posters, campaigns and promotions.
- Communicate all work in progress to the President.
- Aid in the development, organization, and execution of SMUSA special events.
- Any other duties relevant to the position, as assigned by the President.
- May 1st, 2017 to April 30th, 2018
- 23.5 hours per week – plus an additional 5 hours for meetings and events.
- Remuneration: $20, 845.00 (pro-rated)
- Deadline for Application: March 24th, 2017, no later than 4:00pm
Please apply via email to email@example.com with the subject line “SMUSA Vice President Communications” no later than 4:00pm (ADT) on Friday, March 24th, 2017. Applications must include a one page cover letter accompanied by a resume and contact information of the applicant including two (2) references. Any questions regarding this job posting may be addressed to Karla Hodge via email or by phone at (902) 496-8700.