Job Opportunity: Street Team (Due: Friday, September 22)
Position: Street Team Member
Reports to: Street Team Manager
Application Due by: Friday, September 22, 2017
The Saint Mary’s University Students’ Association (SMUSA) is currently seeking members to join the SMUSA Street Team. We require well organized individuals and team players, confident in a fast paced and multi-tasked environment. Working under the direction of the Street Team Manager, Street Team members will be influential members of the SMUSA team by promoting SMUSA activities throughout the Saint Mary’s University campus.
The primary purpose of the Street Team is to engage students to participate in campus events. The position may require an array of duties including, but not limited to talking with students, working at booths and promoting events. The role will involve interaction with the SMUSA Executive and other members of the team in coordinating and promoting SMUSA activities.
We require enthusiastic and outgoing team members who will be able to support and work with the SMUSA Communication Team.
Qualifications & Experience
- Candidates must be a registered Saint Mary’s University student.
- Demonstrate passion and excitement for Saint Mary’s University and SMUSA.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, outgoing and willing to engage the student and University community.
- Candidates must possess the ability to build and foster key relationships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Knowledge of the university governance structure and regulations will be considered an asset.
- An extensive following on social media will also be considered an asset.
- Working at booths on campus to promote events.
- Interacting with students on campus.
- Assisting in the promotion of SMUSA events.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of SMUSA information campaigns.
- Responsibilities under the direction of the Street Team Manager.
- Adhering to the Occupational Health and Safety Policy.
September 2017 to April 30, 2018 (approx. 5 hours per week)
Deadline for Application: Friday, September 22, 2017, no later than 4:00PM
Please apply via email to [email protected] with the subject line “Street Team”
Applications must include a one-page cover letter accompanied by a resume. Any questions regarding this job posting may be addressed to [email protected]
View our volunteering opportunities here.