View our volunteering opportunities here.
SMUSA Graphic Designer - Due by: August 2nd, 2017
Position: SMUSA Graphic Designer
Reports to: General Manager
Application Due by: Wednesday, July 26, 2017
The Saint Mary’s University Students’ Association is currently seeking a Graphic Designer. We require a well organized individual and team player, confident in a fast paced multi tasked environment. Working under the direction of the General Manager and Vice President Communications, the incumbent will play a key role in advancing and protecting both the social and political interests of the students of Saint Mary’s University.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the VP Communications in the organization and execution of SMUSA marketing, social media, communications, special events, promotional and awareness campaigns. The position may require an array of duties including, but not limited to, graphic design and social media. The role will involve interaction with the SMUSA Executive and other members of the team in coordinating and promoting SMUSA activities.
We require a creative thinker and someone who will be able to support and work with the SMUSA Communication Team.
Qualifications & Experience
- Candidates must be a registered Saint Mary’s University student.
- A demonstrated understanding of Adobe InDesign, Illlustrator and familiarity in Adobe Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of web design software.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Photography skills not required but considered an asset
- Ability to multi-task
- Candidates must be self-motivated, outgoing and be willing to engage the student and University community
- Candidates must possess the ability to build and foster key relationships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Knowledge of the university governance structure and regulations will be considered an asset.
- Updating Social Media as required.
- Participating in “creative promotional concepts” discussions with the Communications team to generate ideas for promoting events and activities.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of Association information campaigns.
- Responsibilities under the direction of the General Manager.
- Designing marketing materials and creating graphic concepts to further enhance the SMUSA brand and to draw attention to events or activities.
- Adhering to the Poster Policy.
- Adhering to the Occupational Health and Safety Policy
August 2017 to April 30, 2018 (approx. 10 hours per week)
Deadline for Application: Wednesday, July 26, 2017, no later than 4:00PM
Please apply via email to [email protected] with the subject line “Graphic Designer”
Applications must include a one-page cover letter accompanied by a resume and a sample of at least 2 different graphics created by you in the past. Any questions regarding this job posting may be addressed to [email protected]