Welcome Week is designed to introduce new students to the Saint Mary’s campus and community, and provide students with the resources and experiences needed for success. Pack Leaders assist in creating a successful Welcome Week by being official ambassadors of the university, sharing what they have learned as university students, and helping new students with the transition to university life, all while having fun!
Pack Leaders will:
- Welcome new students to campus in a positive and enthusiastic manner
- Serve as a group leader for discussions and icebreaker activities with students and families
- Act as a guide and a knowledgeable source of information for new students
- Encourage new students to attend and participate in all Welcome Week activities
- Foster a sense of community, respect, and safety throughout the week
- Act as a role model representing the university
- Participate in all Welcome Week activities
- Attend three days of off campus training
Pack Leaders are accountable to the Welcome Week Committee.
- Have a positive attitude and a willingness to actively engage with students, parents, faculty and staff
- Have strong knowledge of Saint Mary’s University and available support services and opportunities
- Demonstrate communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Must have been a Saint Mary’s student in the previous academic year, and be enrolled for the next academic semester
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
Benefits of being a Pack Leader
- Learn valuable leadership skills
- Develop personal relationships with staff, faculty, and students
- Volunteer experience on your resume / Co-Curricular Record recognition
- Access to other leadership opportunities throughout the year
- Free leadership training
Interested? Apply below! Applications are due on Friday, March 23rd at 5pm! Any questions can be directed to [email protected]. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will take place on campus early in April.